Friday, February 1, 2013

It's officially February and I am happy to start posting some scanned images of vintage Valentine postcards.  I am always on the lookout for any vintage holiday card which also shows a teddy bear.  Christmas cards are plentiful.  I have not yet found any Halloween, Thanksgiving or Fourth of July postcards with teddy bears.  I have seen very few for Easter and Valentines Day.  I am always excited to find one and particularly to find one I have never seen before.  I was checking out one of our local antique malls one evening this week and happened upon the most wonderful fold out Valentine Card which also contained teddy bears and was made in Germany.  It is in perfect condition.....I was thrilled.  Also found another with a polar bear on it.  You just can't beat the graphics from the early 1900's.  I will post both of those later in the week.

This gorgeous card is just delightful.  The children are beyond precious and it is so very cute that a child is driving a car with his goggles on.  The colors are vibrant and gorgeous and it is made even better by containing both a sweet dolly and apprehensive looking teddy bear.  I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I do. 

I'm not so much a fan of Valelntine's Day because of what it has become.  It has gone from being a sweet holiday to give your 'crush' a special acknowledgement, to a holiday of high expectations and greed.  I would much rather receive a card on a random day that would speak volumes to me.....'hey I was thinking about you today and wanted to let you know. 

The cards I will be sharing are a tribute to the sweetness from the days of old.....

No comments:

Post a Comment