Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where is my summer going..........

I have had so much on my plate lately.  My daughter, son-in-law and one year old grandson moved in with us in May as they transition from their home in Olathe, KS to the home they will close on in two weeks here in Iowa.  I had another daughter get very ill in June and drove to KC to spend a week with her as she recuperated.  Returned to Des Moines and three days later took off for a nearly two week trip to South Carolina.....this included driving time.  I so much prefer to drive to see the beautiful parts of our country I have not seen before.  It was a wonderful trip and relaxing time at the beach with our entire family for one week.  Then back home to pepare for grandson's first birthday party and a trip back to Kansas City with my daughrer and grandson for his one year checkup. Arrived back home earlier this evening.  I adore my family and nothing is better than spending time with them, but I feel as though I am getting nothing else done.  I have teddy bear orders to get done and plan to start to get myself back on track tomorrow.

I hope you are all having a most enjoyable summer.  I was relentlessly hot & humid here for nearly two weeks.  It has finally cooled off and we now have temps in the mid 80's.  We desperately need rain.  It feels like much of the country is experiencing the same thing. 

I hope to have a new photo to post in the next day or two of a black teddy bear I am creating.  It is a special order.  I do love black bears and I am anxious to get about creating again. I desperately want to create something totally new.  At least my basement studio is cool and comfortable during the summer months.

In the meantime, I am posting a photo of my three beautiful daughters by the pool of the house we rented in Pawleys Island, SC.



Stay cool~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment